Friday 23 March 2012

RIMONA KEDEM, Qdos Gallery, 1-22nd July

Last weekend I visited the very beautiful Qdos Gallery in Lorne.  It is a haven nestled amidst the forest.  I was extremely fortunate to meet and have a sneak preview of Rimona Kedem's up and coming July exhibition.  Rimona is a highly respected Artist, from Israel, but living and breathing around the corner from me it turns out, in Melbourne.  Rimona's work is a great insight of her constant exploration with the self.  She works meticulously on one painting at a time usually for over a week.  Even when she is not physically painting she is always thinking and brewing narratives in her mind.  I found her work to be incredibly inspiring, her palette is luminous, her images poetic and her compositions complex and harmonious. Unfortunately the only images I can show you is an older artwork of poor resolution.



Spring 2010, Rimona Kidem


No comments:

Post a Comment