Friday 18 November 2011

Artist of the Week, Cherry Irwin

Fortunately I photographed Cherry's work over a few weeks, as it was only recently that she made an accidental, mark making, discovery (scroll down). Cherry blotted her water colour with paper towel only to reveal a textural imprint, not unlike that which you would achieve through silk screening.  I admire Cherry's sense of exploration and sacrifice, it would have been far easier for her to stick with what she knows, particularly as she is quite an established drawer. The possibilities are endless!




2 comments:

  1. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cherry,
    Just gorgeous! Your work has a real flow and sensibility. Well done!
    xx Trudy

    ReplyDelete